1. Entries are limited to one per section. There is no limit to the number of sections an artist can enter.
2. Each entry must be accompanied by a $20 entry fee. Please write cheque out to: Taranaki Art Awards OR Direct Credit your entry fee to our bank account.
Account name: Taranaki Art Review.
Account number: 15 3952 0442213 00 Reference: Surname & two initials.
3. Entry forms must be received by Friday 20 September 2013.
4. Artwork/s must be delivered to Sandfords Event Centre,
Tasman Street, Opunake, between 10am & 4 pm,
25/26/27 October 2013.
5. Your artwork/s MUST be clearly identified with your name,
address, title of the work, selling price and category number on a label on the back right-hand corner of artworks OR a swing tag for 3D artworks. (labels enclosed)
6. Artwork/s must be securely packaged and delivered free of all charges with a return PRE-PAID freight ticket included – see 15. No payment whatsoever shall be made by the Taranaki Art Awards for freight or other charges incurred in the delivery or return of exhibits.
7. A sticky label with your catalogue number will be sent to you with your receipt of entry. Please attach this sticky label clearly to the OUTSIDE of the packaging of your work.
8. All care will be taken but no responsibility for artworks accepted. Artists will undertake all insurance responsibilities for their artworks.
9. All entries must be ready to hang or display (d-rings preferred). All entries must be of a size easily handled by two people. Work not ready to hang will be disqualified by the organisers.
10. Entries will be judged in the category in which they are entered. The judges, at their discretion, may decide not to present an award. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence can be entered into.
11. The judging panel is independent of the organisers.
12. Incorrect entry procedure or failure to observe the conditions herein may at the discretion of the organisers disqualify an entry.
13. Commission of 25% shall be charged on all sales and must be included in the sale price stated on your entry form.
Art for sale is optional - please indicate NFS (Not For Sale).
14. Artists will be contacted if their artwork is sold. Unsold artworks must be collected from Sandfords Event Centre, Tasman Street, Opunake 10am – 4pm Sunday 10 November OR 10am – 4pm Monday 11 November (as indicated on Entry Form) OR
15. Courier return of artwork/s (as indicted on Entry form). You must complete the Courier Return Form (enclosed).
Please ensure that you send the form and PRE-PAID courier tickets separately by post to:
Taranaki Art Awards, PO Box 11, Opunake 4645.
No later than 27 October 2013.
We will return your courier tickets by post with your cheque if your artwork is sold.
16. After these dates the Taranaki Art Awards Committee has the right to sell or otherwise dispose of unclaimed work.
17. Tickets for the Awards Ceremony can be purchased by contacting us or from Sandfords Events Centre, South Taranaki LibraryPlus outlets or Real Tart Gallery, New Plymouth for $15. All entrants receive a complimentary ticket.
18. The organisers have the right to use photographs of artwork for promotional and advertising purposes and on the website, unless specified by the artist.
All enquiries please contact
Suzie Stanley 06 761 8879 or
Ann Gibson 06 761 8757 or
Katrina Turner 027 484 0314